eChiroEHR is a Complete EHR for Ambulatory care certified as 2014 Edition compliant by an ONC-ACB in accordance with the applicable certification criteria adopted by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. This certification does not represent an endorsement by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services or guarantee the receipt of incentive payment.
Vendor: Best Practices Academy
Product Version: eChiroEHR V 1.2
Date Certified: 11/20/2015
Effective Date: 2014 Edition
Criteria Certified: Complete EHR – Ambulatory
Certification ID Number(s): 130093R00
For list of certification criteria and clinical quality measures for which eChiroEHR is tested and certified, please click the Certification ID above.
Additional software to achieve certification compliance:
The additional software eChiroEHR relied upon to demonstrate compliance, includes iPatientCare PHR, iPatientCare EIA (Enterprise Integration Adaptors), iPatientCare HISP, MedlinePlus Connect and Meinberg NTP Time Server Monitor.
An eligible provider would expect to pay the following costs for using eChiroEHR whether to meet meaningful use objectives and measures, or to achieve any other use within the scope of the health IT’s certification includes:
Upfront License/Setup Costs: On-premise hosted license-to-use model requires an upfront license fee per provider, whereas the cloud-based model requires an upfront initial setup fee per provider.
- Monthly Support/Subscription Costs: Both, on-premise hosted license-to-use and cloud-based model, require monthly support/subscription costs that include telephone and online ticketing support, drug reference and interaction database subscription, and subscription to attend monthly eLearning webinars. Cloud-based model includes HIPAA compliant hosting.
- The Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) services fee are provided on a percent of each provider’s monthly collections or a fixed monthly amount per provider, whichever is higher. A licensee would not need to pay either of the upfront license/setup costs and the monthly support/subscription costs under this model.
- Professional fees for initial implementation & training, third-party vendor integration & implementation costs, charges for migrating data in and out of eChiroEHR database, and support during attestation and audit for the purpose of meaningful use reporting.
- A third-party partner that provides patient-specific education (170.314(a)(15) Patient-specific education resources). Costs are a monthly cost per provider & the costs vary depending on the selected third-party partner.
- Depending on the customer’s selected lab/imaging company & their current transactional volume, this certified product-version may require one-time costs to establish interfaces to electronically exchange results. (170.314(b)(5)(a) – Incorporate laboratory tests & values/results, 170.314(a)(12) – Image Results)
- This certified product-version may require one-time costs and/or re-occurring costs to establish interfaces for reporting to immunization public health agencies or any specialized registry. (170.314(f)(3) – Transmission to Public Health Agencies – Syndromic Surveillance)
- Support & maintenance for integration of this certified product-version with other ONC certified systems may require additional one-time and/or re-occurring costs.
- Depending on the patient’s preferred mode of communication, transactional costs may apply per SMS/voice message sent. (170.314(a)(14) Patient List Creation)
- Generating and/or transmitting QRDA (170.314(c)(3) Clinical Quality measures – Electronic Submission) or other format file(s) required for participation in payer quality initiatives/programs may require one-time costs, ongoing service fees, and/or transaction-based fees.
- Connecting to providers on other HISPs which are part of the Direct Trust Bundle may require ongoing service fees per provider. This is in regards to criteria 170.314(b)(1) – Transitions of care – receive, display and incorporate transition of care/referral summaries & 170.314(b)(2) – Transitions of care – create and transmit transition of care/referral summaries.
- Optional one-time and yearly subscription fees are required for EPCS and interfaces with any third-party vendor and/or service provider.
- Depending on the customer’s needs, there may be costs for any additional services outside the standard agreement (such as additional implementation services, business analysis services, additional training services, etc.).
- Optional one-time initial and either annually or monthly recurring costs from third-party products and services providers introduced by eChiroEHR for providing any value-added products and services. These costs vary by vendor and are quoted additionally.
The EP must sign an eChiroEHR License and Service agreement and the term of the agreement is typically a 5-year term which may vary depending on the customer’s needs.
There may be additional agreements that an EP must enter with a third-party vendor (such as a clearinghouse company, lab company, etc.) depending on the customer’s needs.
There are no additional limitations that a user may encounter in the course of implementing and using eChiro EHR, whether to meet meaningful use objectives and measures or to achieve any other use within the scope of the health IT’s certification.
Users or purchasers of ICSA Labs ONC-ACB Certified EHR products that have concerns or questions about product’s certified functionality should be sure to contact the Best Practices Academy.