This course is available for purchase
Includes 12 months unlimited access. This course can be taken an unlimited number of times within 12 months. CE credits are only available one time within the 12 months, for the registered user only.
Continuing Education Credits
This course is eligible for 25 CEUs in all states that accept PACE and distance learning. View states here. Eligible states indicated by 'Accepts PACE' listed next to it.
Become a Certified Clinical Chiropractic Assistant
Upon successful completion of this program, the registered user is eligible to take the FCLB Certified Chiropractic Clinical Assistant Exam to become a Certified Chiropractic Clinical Assistant.
What You'll Discover from this Course:This 25 hour Chiropractic Clinical Assistant program is unlike other training programs for key personnel within the chiropractic practice.
The people you have chosen to work with you in your practice are literally your eyes, ears, and hands as you work hard to provide exceptional care for your patients.
In addition to clinical training, this program gives your staff firsthand knowledge in compliance, understanding patient safety measures including training on air borne pathogens (i.e. COVID-19 disease prevention), as well as privacy and security of personal health information. Proper coding, billing, and other operational tasks essential to the performance of the practice is covered. Help your staff become knowledgeable in all aspects of the practice so you can focus on taking care of your patients.
Upon completion of this seminar, participants are expected to be able to perform chiropractic clinical assistant tasks with knowledge of:
- Foundational knowledge of human anatomy, physiology, clinical terminology, and common conditions and treatments.
- Patient safety recognizing hazards, understanding the CDC and OSHA guidelines for airborne pathogens (i.e. COVID-19 disease), informed consent, understanding red flags, etc.
- Patient Procedures regarding therapeutic modality indication, contraindications, proper use.
- Documentation consisting of patient intake forms, HIPAA policy compliance, Medicare documentation requirements, proper coding and billing procedures, fraud, waste, and abuse.
- Ethics and Boundaries including sexual harassment, patient relationships pertaining to appropriate behaviors and ethical judgement.