Earn 10 online CEUs
The Quality Payment Program course defines how Doctors of Chiropractic can participate in Medicare’s new Quality Payment Program as defined by the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act 2015 (MACRA) Law: the Merit-Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and the Advanced Alternative Payment Model (APM).
The MACRA law outlines the requirements and timeline regarding Medicare payment system changes, with the performance year as identified in the proposed rule beginning January 2017.
This course gives a detailed understanding of this law necessary to help the doctor make changes within the practice to learn about the performance standards and how to achieve these standards for reimbursements in the future. Systems of care are discussed and recommended as a proactive approach to addressing the wellbeing of the patient.
1. MACRA, MIPS and Chiropractic Introduction
3. Advancing Care Information
4. Improvement Activities
5. Your Medicare Report Card: QRUR
6. Reporting Your Practice’s Performance
7. Systems of Care: Clinical Workflows and Care Pathways
8. The 7 KPIs of a Robust EHR
9. Value-based Practice Business Model
10. Covering All the Bases in a 21st Century Practice
11. Why We Must Change
12. Care Planning
13. Care Management
14. Care Coordination
15. Creating Effective Change in Your Practice
16. Moving Forward into Alternative Payment Models
Continuing Education Credits This course is approved for 10 hours of continuing education (online/distance learning) in PACE Approved states.
Best Practices Academy is a PACE provider of Continuing Education.
Also included in the Quality Payment Program are the following resources:
· Quality Payment Program Manual
· Monthly Group Virtual Roundtable discussions
· Whitepaper: Getting Paid 2017 and Beyond: How chiropractic physicians should respond to the new Medicare payment system. by Scott D. Munsterman, DC FICC
· New release eBook “Care Delivery and Chiropractic: An Opportunity Waiting”, by Scott D. Munsterman, DC FICC
Instructor Information and Course Syllabus
Click on the picture to learn more about the instructor!
Dr. Scott Munsterman, DC FICC
Dr. Karen K. Korth, PhD NCC PCMH CCE CPHPA CMQP
Dr. Ted A. Arkfeld, DC MS CPC
Dr. Scott Bautch, DC DACBOH CCST CCSP