Novel Treatment of Osteoarthritis:
Thermally Assisted Electrical Stimulation Reduces Inflammation and Restores Cartilage
Download the whitepaper!
Osteoarthritis (OA) is a degenerative joint disease that affects the quality of life for millions of patients. The underlying causes of OA are inflammation and excessive apoptosis (programmed death) of chondrocytes. Chondrocytes are cells that primarily function to maintain and promote healthy cartilage.
Two recent major scientific discoveries have revolutionized our understanding of pain management and OA treatment: Electric Field Stimulation (EFS) and Thermal Stimulation (TS). EFS activates the anti-inflammatory “adenosine – A2aR signaling pathway”, which downregulates joint inflammation and promotes restoration of the cartilage. TS significantly inhibits chondrocytes apoptosis and promotes anabolic (restorative) activities of the cartilage.
The newly developed NovoPulse technology leverages the latest medical discoveries, synergistically combining EFS and TS for pain management and treatment of OA. With NovoPulse, EFS is carried into the treatment zone (cartilage) by a pulsed magnetic field (MF) produced by electromagnetic coils. Inside the cartilage, the pulsed MF is converted into Electric Field pulses that interact with chondrocytes and activate the adenosine – A2aR pathway.
NovoPulse Thermally-Assisted Electrical Stimulation provides fast and lasting pain relief and enhances cartilage rejuvenation.
1. Osteoarthritis: Inflammation and excessive apoptosis – root causes of disease.
2. Current treatments of osteoarthritis.
3. Newly discovered natural regulator of inflammation: Adenosine – A2aR pathway.
4. Electric field stimulation reduces inflammation in OA.
5. Thermal stimulation blocks apoptosis of chondrocytes.
6. NovoPulse reduces inflammation, blocks apoptosis, and promotes cartilage restoration.
7. Thermally Assisted Electrical Stimulation: The NovoPulse®